Since starting my private therapy practice in 2011, I’ve provided 1:1 therapy, serving individuals with a variety of presenting issues and diagnoses. I’ve also taught workshops and authored books related to building self-esteem, mindfulness, and improving self-care.
In 2017, after the birth of my second baby, I experienced postpartum anxiety, a diagnosis I wasn’t even familiar with despite being in the mental health field for over a decade. Curious about why this disorder wasn’t on my radar, I began researching. I ultimately completed advanced training through Postpartum Support International and was among the first few groups of professionals to become certified as a Perinatal Mental Health Clinician.
I found my passionate in educating others about the various Perinatal Mood & Anxiety disorders that can occur during pregnancy or postpartum. I’ve paired my foundation in helping others to build self-esteem and embrace better self-care with my love for supporting moms in navigating their motherhood journeys.
In 2021, I connected with pelvic floor physical therapist, Katie Bayer, and quickly discovered we had a shared vision for supporting moms through a holistic approach. We found that the women we worked with tended to have better results when we addressed both the physical and mental aspects to their recovery and overall wellbeing.
After developing an amazing network of perinatal providers, we co-founded Perinatal Place, an online resource to provide education, resources, and referrals to pregnant and postpartum families in our community. We are currently in the process of establishing a physical location, which will house a variety of wellness services, workshops, and events.
To receive updates about my work, offerings, and our new center opening in September 2023, join my mail list here.
- American Counseling Association
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- International Society for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation
- Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors
- National Board for Certified Counselors
- Postpartum Support International (PSI)
- DC Metro Perinatal Mental Health Collaborative
- GoodTherapy.org Topic Expert & Blog Contributor
- The Women’s Center, Vienna, VA (Therapist & Domestic Violence Systems Advocate)
- Children’s National Medical Center, Psychiatric Units (Child Psychiatric Specialist)