Do you feel overwhelmed, anxious, or out-of-sorts adjusting to life with a new baby?
If so, you are not alone!
Bringing home a newborn is as amazing as it is terrifying.
You may not feel 100% prepared.
After all, nobody gave you a parenting manual before entrusting you with the responsibility of caring for a tiny human.
Maybe you're struggling with breastfeeding, or afraid what this major transition will mean for you and your partner.
Will you ever feel normal again? Maybe you're wondering if you're even cut out for the role as mom.
The days feel long and exhausting, but you're literally doing the same thing on a loop: Feed, rock, pray for sleep. Over and over and over again.
Maybe you're consumed by feelings of doubt or constant questions:
"Is this normal?" "Is this safe for my baby?" "Am I doing this right?"
Whatever challenges this new chapter presents, I promise, you are not alone.
I've been there and I know you could probably use a little extra help in navigating the ups and downs of this crazy first year.
Whether it's answers, tips, tools, or just the reassurance that you've got this, mama, I want to get you the support you need.
You've spent months
growing a little human...
(or maybe multiple humans!)
The little one is finally here. It’s exciting.
And amazing to no longer be pregnant.
You can drink wine without guilt, eat sushi without fear, move about without waddling, and are physically capable of sleeping through the night again…
(If only the baby would let you).
You have your body back to yourself!
Well, sorta. But let’s be honest, not really.
You and your body are even more in demand
than when you were a 24/7 grow house for your baby.
And as in love as you are with your new bundle,
You're overwhelmed, dealing with:
✔ crazy hormones and emotional ups & downs
✔ endless spit up & blow-out diapers
✔ feeding challenges and the struggle to get enough sleep
✔ shifts in your relationships and wondering if you'll ever be the same again
✔ relentless mom guilt that makes you question everything you are doing and thinking
✔ and a schedule that changes (yet again!) the second you think you finally found a routine
Who knew being a mom would be so hard?
It doesn't have to be so overwhelming & lonely!
You need support & I'm excited to offer resources to help you learn tools,
connect with other moms, and get you the support you deserve.
You’re probably struggling to juggle everything on your plate.
Maybe you’ve forgotten what a good shower feels like.
It might be weeks since you’ve left the house at all.
Or maybe you tried getting out with friends but found yourself feeling unsettled, wondering why it seems easier for everyone else. Or feeling like you no longer fit into your friend group at all.
Perhaps you’re mentally beating yourself up, comparing yourself to all those other moms on social media who seem to be momming with ease.
Chances are, you’ve had at least a few moments where you’re wondering if this was all a big mistake.
Whether this is your first baby or another round with a newborn, you likely face the daily challenge of making time for everyone, finding yourself less patient and more defeated by the repetitiveness of every day.
Have you snapped at your partner lately? Or wanted to run away?
Are you wishing there was a dating app for moms...so you could find somebody else who gets it?
If so, you’re normal!
You may be dealing with intense mom guilt, exhaustion, feelings of isolation and the emotional overwhelm that come from trying to manage a never ending to-do list and the relentless mental overload of being a mom.
If you feel like you’re doing everything but only able to give it 10%, you’ve likely put self-care on the back-burner.
Maybe you even feel you’ve lost sight of who you are altogether.
But you can feel like yourself again!
Get support & learn tools to feel your best as you
navigate this new chapter of your life with a sense of confidence, feeling connected to your baby and certain that you are doing the best job to be exactly who your baby needs.
Life with a newborn means limited time to focus on your own self and ensure your needs are being met. But a healthy mama is vital to having a happy baby.
I created Empowering Mindful Moms to assist as many new moms as possible in getting support in a format that fits with your busy and ever-changing schedule.
When you sign up, you'll immediately get access to a "membership portal" that includes self-paced training modules to arm you with tools to help you feel and be your best for you and your baby.
You'll also be connected to a community of other mamas who are in the same stage, providing a safe & encouraging space where you can share mom wins and struggles.
Have questions you can't find answers to? Just ask in the private group and we'll help get you what you need.
Your invitation to join
Resources to help you thrive
- not just survive -
on your journey as a new mom.
3 Months of Support
(with option to extend membership)
- A private community where you can post questions at anytime
- Regular group calls & meet-ups to connect with other moms
- Educational workshops to help you be and feel your best
- Tons of resources for surviving the postpartum journey with more confidence and support
Hi! I'm Megan
I'm a Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Perinatal Mental Health Clinician, passionate about helping moms adjust to life with a new baby. Whether this is your first baby or you've done this a time or two, you deserve a community of women to support you in navigating the good times and the bad in this blessing/challenge (depending on the day!) of being a mom.
Following the birth of my second child, I experienced Postpartum Anxiety. At the time, despite being a therapist for a decade, I'd never even heard of Postpartum Anxiety. I knew about Postpartum Depression and Postpartum Psychosis, but my symptoms didn't meet the criteria for either disorder, thus I convinced myself I was just struggling with the challenges of adjusting to life with two versus one child.
My symptoms worsened and eventually I recognized that some of my thinking did start to align with what I knew to be red flags for Postpartum Depression. So I reached out for help.
After quickly responding to treatment and feeling better, I wondered why I’d never heard of Postpartum Anxiety.
I began to research and write articles on my experience and my shock at the lack of information out there for new moms. I completed advanced training though Postpartum Support International and was among the first groups of professionals to receive the perinatal mental health certification.
I continue to be passionate about spreading awareness regarding the various perinatal mental health struggles that are so common during and following pregnancy and want to help more women navigate this chapter armed with tools and support so they can feel like themselves again and truly enjoy being a mom.
More on what's included:
3 months of support
from a Licensed Perinatal Mental Health Clinician
& other mindful mamas
A Private Support Community
Wondering if you’re the only mom struggling or facing challenges adjusting to life with your new baby?
You are not alone!
But it’s not always easy to start those conversations or find friends in the same stage of life.
Are you ready to embrace a supportive community? A place to:
- Connect with other moms
- Ask questions & hear about others’ experiences
- Get daily support from me and other moms who can relate to what you’re going through
- Get some adult interaction, something you may seriously be lacking these days
Group Support Calls & Meet Ups
You adore your new baby…but being a mom is hard and sometimes it can feel lonely.
- Will the exhaustion ever end?
- Is it normal to feel this overwhelmed?
- Shouldn’t this be easier?
Come chat with me and other moms who are going through similar experiences.
Each month, I'll provide a schedule with a mix of Zoom & in-person meet ups where we can discuss mom struggles and mom wins in a safe, judgment-free space.
You’ll gain the connection, support, and encouragement you need to feel empowered as a mom so you can enjoy the journey without feeling so drained at the end of every day.
Access to Training, Tips, Tools, & More in Membership Platform
Want to be a confident mama and give your kiddos the best version of yourself so both you and your children can thrive? Not sure where to begin?
You need some strategies and simple tools to start living your best life now rather than waiting for the sleep deprivation and gazillion transitions to end.
Upon registration you’ll have access to a portal where you can check out tons of tips, tools, and all my “Become Your Best Self” (for mamas!) trainings at your leisure. Explore topics & tools to create more balance in your life so you can navigate parenting with more grace:
- Defining Self-Esteem: Explore what it is and how to keep yours healthy as you navigate your role as "mom"
- Shifting Self-Talk: Take charge of your inner-critic and rewire your brain to feel your best for you and your little one
- Pushing Past Perfectionism: Prevent perfectionist tendencies from getting in the way of being the type of mom your child really needs
- Building Better Boundaries: Discover how to establish firm boundaries, because nobody needs them more than a new mama
- Acting Assertively: Learn how to be a mama bear without making enemies
- Coping with Criticism & Compliments: Explore how to effectively respond to unsolicited feedback or awkward praise from well-meaning but too in-your-face friends & family
- Strategies for Stress Management: Nobody needs self-care and stress management techniques more than an exhausted mother. Find out how you can implement strategies that feel helpful rather than too time-consuming
- Postpartum Body Image Issues: There’s nothing more uncomfortable than being looked up and down post-baby and receiving comments on your weight loss (or lack thereof). Learn how to accept your mom-bod so you can keep your self-esteem in tact
- Breaking the Cycle: Begin fostering resiliency and healthy self-esteem in yourself so you can teach your babies to love themselves and become confident as they grow
Connections & Referrals
Moms have lots of questions and the last thing you want to do in your limited free time is spend hours Googling and reading random mom forums, wondering who & what you can actually trust.
- What is this rash?
- Is my baby napping too long?
- Is newborn poop supposed to look like this?
- Is my body supposed to be feeling this way?
Find answers to some of your questions and connect with other trustworthy perinatal experts.
- Get treatment for a colicky baby
- Find support for feeding challenges
- Get help if your insides feel like they are falling out after giving birth
- Figure out which of the 500 carseat options to choose
- Find a nap schedule that works for your baby and you
- Schedule those adorable newborn photos
- Navigate the return to work post maternity leave
- Discover local places where you can meet other moms
In the "chats with experts" section you will find interviews with some of my colleagues and favorite experts on all things new mom/baby related (lactation consultants, nurse practitioners, pelvic floor PTs, sleep specialists, etc.)
Get connected to people who can easily get you the right information and provide valuable resources so you don't have to waste your precious time surfing the net for help.
Looking for something not already posted? Just ask in the community and we will help get you pointed in the right direction.
You’re so much more than just an exhausted mom.
I want to be there for you during the next few months. I'll teach you tips and tools to maintain a better sense of balance and connect you to a support system that will help you stay afloat rather than feeling like you are drowning. By becoming more mindful of how to best manage this challenging stage, you can learn to thrive, rather than just survive, in this motherhood journey.